ColourPop Fashion District Pressed Powder Blush ($8.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a brighter, medium brown with warm, more orange undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had more opaque color coverage than buildable as marketed, but it was easy to apply with a lighter hand and build up range if desired.
The texture was soft, smooth, and a little powdery in the pan but applied evenly and blended out nicely without looking dry or delicate on my skin. It lasted well for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- Urban Decay Video (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Cantaloupe (P, $24.00) is darker (95% identical).
- ColourPop Matchmaker (LE, $8.00) is shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Cheek Pollen (LE, $24.00) is shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- The Estee Edit First Lover (01) (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Coppertone (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Infatuation (DC, $9.99) is lighter, warmer (90% identical).
- MAC I’m Not Blushing (Bottom) (LE) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Sweet Pea (P, $32.00) is shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Harmony (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. – $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on “smoothly” and have a “natural and healthy flush” that has “long-wear” and “can be layered to your desired intensity.” It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with a semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel, and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush that can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one’s skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and were difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Distarch Phosphate, Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Quercetin. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists areas available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.