ColourPop SWAK 5-Pan Pressed Powder Palette ($10.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a new, limited edition five-pan palette that includes two true mattes, one sparkly matte, and two shimmer shades. The palette performed consistently with recent eyeshadows released by the brand, such that the mattes were a little more powdery and shimmers weren’t as cream-like (instead, they were looser). The majority of the shades were applied without a lot of effort and were pigmented.
Besos is a light, yellowy gold base with flecks of pink and peach shimmer throughout a more frosted finish. The texture was slightly thicker, resulting in some emphasis on lid texture when applied dry, so using it with a fingertip or a dampened brush helped smooth it out and make it appear metallic but less frosted. It had opaque color coverage paired with a soft, more loosely-pressed texture that had light fallout during application. It stayed on nicely for seven and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- Anastasia B1 (Norvina Vol. 4) (LE, $12.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC So, So Saucy (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Natasha Denona Queen (262M) (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Rags to Riches (LE, $17.00) is less shimmery, more fantastic (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Icon Day Eyes #1 (LE) is more excellent (90% similar).
- NARS Silk Road I (PiP, $19.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Dune (186S) (PiP, $29.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Rare Beauty Clarity (LE) is more shimmery, more excellent (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever I520 Pinky Sand (P, $17.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics I Promise (PiP, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$4.50/0.05 oz. – $90.00 Per Ounce
The new Pressed Powder Shadow formula is supposed to be “highly pigmented” with an “ultra-velvety and silky” texture that is “long-wearing” and “adheres easily to the eyes.” Most of the shades have semi-opaque to opaque pigmentation that applies well to bare skin, blends out without issue, and lasts for seven to eight hours. The matte eyeshadows tend to be a little more powdery, though soft and finely-milled, in the pan, while the shimmers have a creamier, dense consistency. Occasionally, the more sparkly or metallic shades apply better with fingertips or a dampened brush.