Wild Kiss (509)
Guerlain Wild Kiss (509) KissKiss Shine Bloom Lipstick BalmGuerlain Wild Kiss (509) KissKiss Shine Bloom Lipstick Balm ($39.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a medium-dark copper with moderate, warm undertones and a soft sheen. It had semi-opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which applied evenly and smoothly across my lips without tugging.
The texture was lightweight, lightly emollient, but thin, which helped it smooth out some of my lip lines. It wore well for four hours and felt lightly hydrating over time.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- Estee Lauder Persuasive (333) (P, $32.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Shiseido Shizuka Red (223) (P, $26.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- YSL Chili Tunique (80) (P, $38.00) is more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Maurice (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Shiseido Sleeping Dragon (227) (P, $26.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Guerlain #235 (P, $33.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- YSL Fiery Red (83) (P, $38.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Revlon Toast of New York (P, $8.49) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Red Hot Susan (P, $34.00) is cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Redwood (415) (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
$39.00/0.11 oz. – $354.55 Per Ounce
The formula should offer “full-coverage” with a “high-shine” finish that leaves lips looking smooth and hydrated. The coverage ranged from medium to primarily opaque, with a few shades closer to full coverage. As expected, the texture was soft, lightly emollient, and balm-like, which was comfortable to apply and to wear.
The majority of the shades applied evenly, softened the look of my lip lines, and were forgiving of imperfections, though some of the lighter shades were less forgiving. They lasted between three and five hours, with darker, more red-based shades staying longer and leaving subtle stains behind. At times, the formula had a strong, floral scent and subtle, soapy taste (though consistent with the brand’s lip products and their fragrance).
Browse all of our Guerlain KissKiss Shine Bloom Lipstick Balm swatches.
Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Squalane, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Dimer Dilinoleate, Bis-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax Extract, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax.
Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Unsaponifiables, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Trihydroxystearin, Propyl Gallate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Benzyl Alcohol, Glucomannan, [+/- Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists areas available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.