Prospective contributors regularly ask us about which topics Extra Crunch subscribers would like to hear more about, and the answer is always the same:
- Actionable advice that is backed up by data and experience.
- Strategic insights that go beyond best practices and offer specific recommendations readers can try out for themselves.
- Industry analysis paints a clear picture of the companies, products, and services that characterize individual tech sectors.
Our submission guidelines haven’t changed, but Managing Editor Eric Eldon and I wrote a short post that identifies the topics we’re prioritizing at the moment:
- How-to articles for early-stage founders.
- Market analysis of different tech sectors.
- Growth marketing strategies.
- Alternative fundraising.
- Quality of life (personal health, sustainability, proptech, transportation).
Thanks for reading; I hope you have a great weekend.
Senior Editor, TechCrunch
Full Extra Crunch articles are only available to members
Use discount code Friday to save 20% off a one- or two-year subscription
Opting for a debt round can take you from Series A startup to Series B unicorn
Mario Ciabarra, the founder and CEO of Quantum Metric, breaks down how his company was on a “tremendous growth curve” — and then the pandemic hit.
“As the weeks following the initial shelter-in-place orders ticked by, the rush toward digital grew exponentially, and opportunities to secure new customers started piling up,” Ciabarra writes. “A solution to our money problems, perhaps? Not so fast — it was a classic case of needing to spend in order to make.”
If companies want to preserve equity, debt can be a good choice. Here’s how Quantum Metric did it.