Huda Beauty Python Obsessions Eyeshadow PaletteHuda Beauty Python Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette ($29.00 for 0.45 oz.) is a new, limited edition palette with five matte eyeshadows and four shimmer shades in a more colorful composition. The quality was solid across the board with soft, fairly pigmented, and blendable mattes and shimmers that worked well with a dry brush (as well as a dampened brush or fingertip); the latter hasn’t always been the case with Huda Beauty’s shimmer formula, which has often been too thick/dense.
The shimmer formula will still be ideal for someone who tends to use their brushes damp or likes applying shimmers with a fingertip OR doesn’t mind some packing and light fallout when working with a dry brush. The matte eyeshadows were more powdery, but they were buildable, blendable, and easy enough to work with.
- ColourPop All About It (PiP, $4.50) (100% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Bejewelled (Happy Glow Enhance) (LE) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Abu (LE, $4.50) is cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop The Force (LE, $4.50) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Desk Eyes (Enhance) (LE) is more muted (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Subscribe (LE, $19.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Freckles (LE, $4.50) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Don’t Freak (LE, $4.50) is darker (95% similar).
- Zoeva Eerily Empty (PiP) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Enchanted (LE, $4.50) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
Python #2 is bright, light lime green with moderate, warm undertones and a sparkling finish. It had opaque color payoff paired with a smooth, moderately dense texture that was lightly emollient but not too heavy or too firmly pressed into the pan. Hence, it still picked up nicely with a dry brush and had good adhesion without using fingertips. It wore well for eight hours before fading visibly.
- Lethal Cosmetics Vertex (P, $6.00) is shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Bay Breeze (DC, $6.99) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Terra Moons Tipsy Mermaid (P, $6.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Mula-la (PiP) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Soul Sister (LE, $6.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Give Me Glow Kiwi (P, $7.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Juvia’s Place Zulu #5 (LE) is moreJuvia’sry, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Lethal Cosmetics Cryptic (P, $6.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Clionadh Climate Change (P, $6.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Viseart Boheme Dream #6 (LE) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
synthetic fluorphlogopite, mica, calcium aluminum borosilicate, dimethicone, magnesium myristate, trimethyl siloxy silicate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, diisostearyl malate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, octyl dodecyl stearoyl stearate, boron nitride, silica, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, ethylhexylglycerin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tin oxide. may contain (+/-) red 40 lake (ci 16035), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), ultramarines (ci 77007), iron oxides (ci 77491), iron oxides (ci 77492), iron oxides (ci 77499), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), manganese violet (ci 77742), titanium dioxide (ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists areas available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing or the brand or ryou’rer’s website for the most up-tretailer’sredient list.