MAC Bloombox Lipstick ($20.00 for 0.1 oz.) is a bright, medium-dark coral with moderate, warm undertones–balanced between pink and orange–paired with a semi-matte finish. It had opaque color coverage but tended to separate/pull away from my lip lines, so it appeared a little patchy in places.
The consistency was moderately dense, slightly thicker (which I expect was why it didn’t sit as smoothly on my lips), but smooth and comfortable to apply. It stayed on well for five and a half hours and felt lightly hydrating over time.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- Urban Decay Frequency (P, $22.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NARS Famous Red (P, $27.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Miss Argentina (LE, $19.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Mangrove (P, $20.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Flower SZN (P, $7.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Tango (LE, $12.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Daytrip (P, $7.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Rouge Immortel (LE, $27.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Fresa (LE, $18.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Urban Decay 714 (LE, $18.00) is darker (85% similar).
$20.00/0.1 oz. – $200.00 Per Ounce
MAC Lipstick comes in various finishes, and the pigmentation and wear tend to be dependent on the finish. The sheer finishes, like Lustres, tend to wear for only a couple of hours and have sheer coverage (as designed), and are non-drying.
Some of the original Matte shades have a stiffer, drier formula. In contrast, newer ones have a more velvety, silicone feel to them, and the latter are creamier, more comfortable to wear, and easier to apply. Still, most Matte shades are quite pigmented and long-wearing, though some are drying.
The Amplified and Satin finishes tend to have good pigmentation, lightly creamy to moderately creamy consistencies with a bit of shine, and moderate to long wear with deeper, richer shades wearing longer. The Frost and Metallic finishes have the most variance between shades, with coverage ranging from semi-sheer to opaque with average wear and non-drying to slightly drying formulas. All MAC lipsticks are vanilla-scented but have no discernible taste.