Melt Cosmetics Nova SexFoil Liquid HighlighterMelt Cosmetics Nova SexFoil Liquid Highlighter ($39.00 for 1.01 oz.) is a rich, coppery bronze with warm undertones and warmer, lighter golden shimmer throughout. It had semi-sheer to medium, buildable pigmentation; it was slightly more pigmented than other shades in the range, but it was really about how much was applied and how long one let it sit to dry. In practice, this resulted in semi-sheer, buildable coverage when I used the product on my face and more medium-range that could be sheered out or built up on my body.
The consistency was lightweight, thin, and more like a very fluid gel, which helped it work as a body product to be spread over larger surface areas. On the flip side, it was overly spreadable when trying to use it on a smaller size, so I applied some to the back of my hand–using as little as I could dispense–and then swirled my brush in that before tapping it on. This helped let the product “dry” a little and kept the coverage more concentrated where I applied it to my face without having to spread it out too much to get an even layer of product. It stayed on nicely for nine hours before fading visibly but wasn’t transfer-resistant enough to not get onto clothes.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- Clionadh Credit (P, $12.50) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Hourglass Bronze Flash (P, $42.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Aruba (PiP) is warmer (90% similar).
- Jouer Tan Lines (LE, $24.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Chocolate Geode (P, $38.00) is lighter, warmer (90% identical).
- Looxi Beauty Divine (P, $7.50) is shimmery, lightweight, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Ignite (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Picture Perfect (P, $9.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- The Estee Edit Ray (LE) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- UOMA Beauty Barbados (LE, $35.00) is warmer (90% identical).