True to Myself
Rare Beauty True to Yourself Discovery Eyeshadow PaletteRare Beauty True to Yourself Discovery Eyeshadow Palette ($29.00 for 0.15 oz.) includes three matte eyeshadows, three shimmer eyeshadows, and one pressed glitter. Two of the seven shades were pleasant to work with–the last two–but the rest were disappointing, considering the brand’s lovely holiday palettes. The matte formula tended to be thinner and more powdery with sheerer coverage (by no means “rich”). I was also surprised that they didn’t release two variations as this was more light-leaning and a second, darker and richer option would have provided opportunities for more skin tones.
Undeniable is a darker, purplish-mauve with subtle, cool undertones and a matte finish. While the texture was silky and finely-milled to the touch, it was moderately powdery and had light fallout. The pigmentation was more medium and didn’t build up well, though it was blendable. This shade stayed on well for seven hours before fading noticeably.
- Pat McGrath Velouria (LE, $25.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Chic Happens (P, $4.50) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Brownie Babe (LE) is cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Last Caress (PiP) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Rose in Air #3 (PiP) is lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Nebula (LE, $4.50) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Blackbird Cosmetics Imogen (DC, $8.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Petalette #1 (PiP, ) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).
- ColourPop Wild Wing (LE, $4.50) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).
- Viseart Potion (LE) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
Talc, Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Poloxamer 338, Silica. All Shades (+/-) May Contain/Peut Contenir: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 40 (Ci 16035), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you’re purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Genuine is a light, peachy coral with warmer, more orange-leaning undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-sheer color coverage, which could be built up to medium pigmentation or semi-opaque coverage if applied over an eyeshadow primer. The texture was soft, smooth to the touch, but it was thinner and more firmly pressed into the pan, which may have contributed to the sheerness. It lasted for seven hours before fading visibly.
- Urban Decay Mind Slip (PiP, $19.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Ciate Flame (PiP) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Viseart Siren #1 (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Urban Decay House Lannister (LE, $19.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Big Spoon (LE, $4.50) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Too Faced Peach Suede (PiP, $16.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Prickly Please (LE, $4.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Antidote (Stoned Vibes) (LE, $19.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Nude Light #8 (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- KKW Beauty Chi (PiP, ) is cooler (90% similar).