Terra Moons Stormy Shimmer Eyeshadow ($6.00 for 0.05 oz.) has a blackened blue base with a brighter, more contrasting blue-teal shimmer that gives it a smooth, pearly sheen. It was richly pigmented with a soft, lightly emollient texture that was thin (but not in a wrong way, as it wasn’t powdery or dry!) that had exceptional adhesion to bare skin. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- Sydney Grace Ruth (PiP, $6.00) is shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Splendor (P, $8.00) is shimmery, lightweight, warmer (90% equal).
- Sydney Grace Splendor (DC, $8.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Patchwork (LE, $6.00) is shimmery, lightweight, warmer (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Aqueous (261M) (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Dose of Colors Teal Me More (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% equal).
- ColourPop Take Me Higher (LE, $6.00) is shimmery, lightweight, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Antimatter (P, $4.50) is shimmery, lightweight, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte Artist (LE) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Too Faced Mystic Hour (LE, $16.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% identical).
$6.00/0.05 oz. – $120.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be “blendable” and “pigmented” with “a bit of kick-up” when used due to being “pressed by hand.” Some shades come with “additional information,” such as being sheerer on the brand’s website (for that particular shade) or using a “glitter primer” due to the finish.
I found that some matte shades were more noticeably powdery than others, but whether there was just a little bit of powderiness or more noticeable powderiness depended on a phantom. The neon shades were the most granular and most complicated to work with on their own; some had more specific tips/guidance on how to work with them, which I felt was great for disclosure, but it could get hard to remember what shade needs to be applied in such and such fashion since it did vary a lot of shade by shade. The darker and less neon matte shades tended to perform the best for me–more pigmentation, better blendability, and were easier to work with, and were more consistent.
Most matte and shimmery shades were pigmented, easy to blend, and applied well to bare skin. They lasted between seven and eight hours, with most closer to eight hours before fading (more of the mattes) or creasing (some more intense metallics).
Browse all of our Terra Moons Shimmer Eyeshadow swatches.
Mica, Allantoin, Kaolin Clay, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylic Triglycerides, Carnauba Wax, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Zinc Oxide, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides, Aluminum Powder, Tin Oxide, Lakes, Dyes, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Carmine, Hydrated Chromium Oxide, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Zinc Sulfide.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists areas available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.