YSL Nu Transgression (156) Rouge Pur Couture SPF15 LipstickYSL Nu Transgression (156) Rouge Pur Couture SPF15 Lipstick ($38.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a soft, medium coral with muted, warm undertones and a lightly glossy, cream finish. It had a lightweight, thin consistency that felt creamy and smooth as it glided comfortably across my lips, but it didn’t settle noticeably in my lip lines. The lipstick had opaque pigmentation that adhered evenly and stayed on well for four hours while feeling moisturizing to wear.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like the scent).
- Charlotte Tilbury Carina’s Star (P, $34.00) is darker, less glossy (95% similar).
- Milani Lustful (P, $8.99) is lighter (90% identical).
- ColourPop Hua Mulan (LE, $7.00) is lighter, more muted (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Atlanta (LE, $26.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Benedetta (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Virgo Moon (LE, $7.50) is darker, less glossy (90% similar).
- Hourglass Explorer (P, $32.00) is lighter (85% identical).
- YSL Honey’s Nude (125) (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Insatiable (P, $55.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Sweet Blossom (LE, $37.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
$38.00/0.13 oz. – $292.31 Per Ounce
The formula should have a “rich color with intense hydration … in just one stroke.” The lipstick has moderate slip–some shades are fairly emollient and can feel slippery during wear, while many are creamy but adhere well enough.
I’ve found that more mid-tone and deeper shades have better applications with smoother, more forgiving color that was semi-opaque or higher in coverage. Some of the lighter and the deepest shadows were more prone to settling into lip lines or yielding more medium to semi-opaque coverage.
The wear ranged from four to six hours on average. I found the formula was usually on the hydrating side. There was a sweet, floral scent with a very subtle taste, though I felt like it sometimes gave me a bite, and I didn’t notice anything other times.
Browse all of our YSL Rouge Pur Couture SPF15 Lipstick swatches.
PROPYLENE GLYCOL DIBENZOATE, OCTYL DODECANOL, STEARYL/PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER DIMER DILINOLEATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIHEPTANOATE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, POLYETHYLENE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA / MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, POLYBUTENE, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, CANDELILLA CERA / CANDELILLA WAX, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ALUMINA, MAGNESIUM SILICATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, POLYURETHANE-15, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, COLOPHONIUM / ROSIN, TIN OXIDE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE [+/- MAY CONTAIN MICA, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 15850 / RED 7 LAKE, CI 15850 / RED 6, CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 75470 / CARMINE
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists areas available by the brand (or retailer)
At the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you’re purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.